Saturday, September 6, 2008

Garden Burger: Garden Vegan


The GardenVegan was on sale, so I picked up a couple of boxes. Warning: if you are not a vegetarian, do not eat these, especially if this is your first exposure to a veggie patty. You will believe the hype that all veggie patties are pale, flavorless, mushy circles of tastelessness. If you are a vegetarian, do not eat these. You will be offended by their blandness. The taste is underpoweringly dominated by grain, with hints of mushroom but little else; they are lacking even the most basic seasoning, like salt. The texture is that of loosely held-together rice. Garden Burger offers other varieties of veggie burger, and I have had great experiences with some of their other products, so I am willing to give them a shot, but I stand firm on my opinion of the GardenVegan.

No comments: